- This event has passed.
Interview Skills & Effective Communication ~ July 21
July 21, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$75.00
Be effective, relaxed and articulate in an interview for scholarships, admissions, jobs & internships
This fun & interactive workshop covers all of the elements of an effective interview including body language, how to articulate thoughts clearly and effectively, how to prepare, what to wear and even what to ask. This is invariably a favorite of students and even the instructor! We will break into small groups and practice the top 50 scholarship interview questions.
Scholarship Gold Consulting
Saturday, July 21, 2018 1:00-4:00
Lake Wylie Christian Assembly- Youth Building
5766 Charlotte Highway
Lake Wylie, SC 29710
Interview Skills for
College Admissions and Scholarships
An essential workshop for any student 9th-12th grade
who needs to learn to communicate effectively
Communicating articulately and with confidence can make or break an admission or scholarship interview. Effective interviewing skills will also have an impact on future job or internship opportunities. This fun and engaging class will equip students to think on their feet, know what they want to say and help them say it in the right way.
This fun and interactive workshop will cover:
– the importance of good communication skills, not just in the college admission and scholarship process, but in all areas of life (relationships, job searches, etc.)
– body language– posture, eye contact, hand shakes…all of the ways you send a message without even saying a word. We’ll also cover what to wear to admissions and scholarship events
– how to answer questions articulately and thoughtfully, in a way that tells the other person you are mature and able to think critically
– word crutches and the importance of ditching them. We’ll get rid of the “ums”, “likes”, “you knows” and other crutches that make someone sound indecisive and unconvincing.
-the most common interview questions for admissions and scholarships. Students will be given a chance to practice how they would answer those questions in an interview setting.
– We will also break into small groups and practice interviewing and providing constructive feedback to one another.