Interview Skills & Effective Communication ~ Oct 10 via Zoom
October 10 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$95.00
Scholarship Gold Consulting
Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 9:00 AM
Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 12:00 PM
From the comfort of your own home- via Zoom!
Interview Skills & Effective Communication
An essential workshop for any student 9th-12th grade
who needs to learn to communicate effectively
Communicating articulately and with confidence can make or break an admission or scholarship interview. Effective interviewing skills will also have an impact on future job or internship opportunities. This class will equip students to think on their feet, know what they want to say and help them say it in the right way.
This fun and interactive workshop will cover…..
– the importance of good communication skills, not just in the college admission and scholarship process, but in all areas of life (relationships, job searches, etc.)
– body language– posture, eye contact, hand shakes…all of the ways you send a message without even saying a word. We’ll also cover what to wear to admissions and scholarship events
– how to answer questions articulately and thoughtfully, in a way that tells the other person you are mature and able to think critically
– word crutches and the importance of ditching them. We’ll get rid of the “ums”, “likes”, “you knows” and other crutches that make someone sound indecisive and unconvincing.
-the most common interview questions for admissions and scholarships. Students will be given a chance to practice how they would answer those questions in an interview setting.
– We will also break into small groups and practice interviewing and providing constructive feedback to one another.
Location- Due to Covid, we are hosting this event over Zoom. Thanks to the “break out room” feature, we will be able to break into small groups to practice mock interview questions. It will be a fun and interactive event!
If students want to follow up with a private practice session live in our office, we can easily set that up.