- This event has passed.
Interview Skills for College Admissions and Scholarships – Nov 10
November 10 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$75.00
Scholarship Gold Consulting
Saturday, Nov 10, 2018 1:00-4:00
Lake Wylie Christian Assembly- Youth Building
5766 Charlotte Highway
Lake Wylie, SC 29710
Interview Skills for
College Admissions and Scholarships
An essential workshop for any student 9th-12th grade
who needs to learn to communicate effectively
Communicating articulately and with confidence can make or break an admission or scholarship interview. Effective interviewing skills will also have an impact on future job or internship opportunities. This fun and engaging class will equip students to think on their feet, know what they want to say and help them say it in the right way.
This fun and interactive workshop will cover:
– the importance of good communication skills, not just in the college admission and scholarship process, but in all areas of life (relationships, job searches, etc.)
– body language– posture, eye contact, hand shakes…all of the ways you send a message without even saying a word. We’ll also cover what to wear to admissions and scholarship events
– how to answer questions articulately and thoughtfully, in a way that tells the other person you are mature and able to think critically
– word crutches and the importance of ditching them. We’ll get rid of the “ums”, “likes”, “you knows” and other crutches that make someone sound indecisive and unconvincing.
-the most common interview questions for admissions and scholarships. Students will be given a chance to practice how they would answer those questions in an interview setting.
– We will also break into small groups and practice interviewing and providing constructive feedback to one another.