Saturday, September 22, 2018 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM EDT
Add to Calendar
Lake Wylie Christian Assembly- Youth Building
5766 Charlotte Highway
Lake Wylie, SC 29710
Junior Year Essentials- Class of 2020!
The college application process can be intimidating and overwhelming but it doesn’t need to be if a student makes great use of the junior year. The junior year is critically important because it is the last full academic year a college will see before the application is processed. This single workshop will clarify all of the critical elements of it so that juniors and parents alike can enjoy the journey with confidence! This class will cover:
– Determining the best testing schedule for the PSAT, SAT, ACT and Subject tests and how many times
to take them
– Understanding the best test prep resources and determining the best fit for the student
– Choosing the colleges to visit (how many, which ones, when etc.),
– Finding out their scholarship and financial aid opportunities,
– How to know in advance how much a college would really expect your family to pay to enroll your child
– Identifying weak spots in a student’s “resume” and taking steps to strengthen them
– How to use that summer between Junior and Senior year to do things that will stand out to colleges
– Getting organized and having a clear plan of parent/student communication throughout it all
….all while balancing schoolwork, sports, and the stress of the junior year.
So, for families seeking a game plan for what lies ahead and knowledge for navigating it successfully, this workshop is a must.
If you have already attended the College Bound Essentials class, that is great! This class will build on what you learned. If not, it is not required that you attend that workshop first- just come to this one and jump right in; you’ll be fine.
NOTE! When you register by clicking on the button below, if you do NOT get a confirmation message and email, please notify Elizabeth at [email protected] and she will insure that your registration went through. Sometimes an issue with browsers and cookies causes a registration to not “stick”. Tech support is working on this. Thanks!