To supplement the information provided in the College Bound Essentials workshop or one-on-one session, a variety of intensive and fun workshops are offered. Typically, admission is $75 per student for a 3 hour course and parents are welcome to come along at no added charge! View and register for upcoming workshops on the EVENTS section of this website.
Want the workshop to come to you? Discuss with Elizabeth Hartley the idea of bringing one or more of these workshops to your school, homeschool association or youth group. It can be an exciting and informative event for your group’s families.
Throughout the school year, and especially in the fall, specialty workshops are offered on the following topics:
Interview Skills and Effective Communications- This fun and interactive workshop covers:
- body language- posture, eye contact, hand shakes…all of the ways you send a message without even saying a word. We’ll also cover what to wear to admissions and scholarship events.
- how to answer questions articulately and thoughtfully, in a way that tells the other person you are mature and able to think critically
- word crutches and the importance of ditching them. We’ll get rid of the “ums”, “likes”, “you knows” and other crutches that make someone sound indecisive and unconvincing.
- the most common interview questions for admissions, scholarships and employment. Participants will be given a chance to practice how they would answer those questions in an interview setting.
- We will also break into small groups and practice interviewing and providing constructive feedback to one another.
Essay Writing for Admissions and Scholarships- Offered multiple times mid-August through November